Catholic Services - Clothing Drive
Players meet to load truck(s) at a storage unit (location TBD), then travel to Plaza San Juan Bautista @ 441 S. Lime Street in Lancaster to sort clothing items. Best to contact in early October to confirm the date and resource needs. Typically held one evening in mid/late November on a Thursday (possible Saturday ask), and is about a 3 to 4 hour commitment for roughly 10 volunteers.
Brethern Village - Courtyard Activities
Coordinate/participate activities such as Bingo, Wii, Bowling, etc., as well as one on one visits with residents. Best to contact in early October to organize dates with pre-season activities and confirm days/times with Coach Lyons. Typically held one Monday each month from November through February, 3:00pm to 4:30pm and involves 6 to 8 players per event.
Landis Homes - Cyber Seniors
Help residents with technology. Best to contact in early October to organize dates with pre-season activities and confirm days/times with Coach Lyons. Typically held one Wednesday a month (different week than Bretheren Village) from November through February, 3:00pm to 4:00pm and involves 6 players per event.
- Boys and Girls Club of Lancaster (zoom participation with elementary students during Covid protocals).
- Manheim Township Park clean up initiative (one daon on a weekend)
Once dates are finalized for each event, create a SignUp Genius with all dates and share the link with Coach Lyons and Booster Secretare for distribution to the team
Thank You Emails
Wrap up community service with a thank you email to each partner organization, express willingness to continue next year, and outline approximate dates of next communication (fall).
Program Ads "Tradition"
Traditionally, whoever coordinates the community service for the team "inherits" the sponsorship for the program ads from Brethern Village and Landis Homes. Contact information is avaialbe throught he preseason fundraising spreadsheet
Photos For Program Content
Take photos at Clothing Drive, Brethern Village, Landis Homes, and other outreach activities for the Community Service page in the team program and for inclusion on the website. Send selected photos to the Fundraising Coordinator in advance of program print and to website coordinator.
In-Season Food Drive
- Traditionally occurs during a night home game that is played in the stadium
- Coordinate this date with Coach Lyons so he can communicate that spectators (both home and away) can donate a food item in lieu of paying admission
- Determine food pantry to donate to with board members
- Collect food during the game and transport to the food pantry the following day. Solicit parent volunteers to transport